Artist with experience of criminal justice system sought for paid commission
Loved Up Fudge Ltd is a fudge manufacturer established in 2017 that gives half of its profits to Working Chance, the UK’s only charitable recruitment consultancy for female former prisoners and young care-leavers; and to offer living wage employment opportunities to survivors of domestic violence and training placements to victims of modern slavery whilst they are in the immigration process, in partnership with Hestia.
The new social enterprise will be launching a crowdfunding campaign in February to recruit and train staff and – depending on the amount raised – link up with a London men’s prison for production and training.
If you are a visual artist who has been or is currently in prison, Loved Up Fudge Ltd need your help with their crowdfunding campaign. You are invited to submit an original artwork that will be reproduced in limited editions, in print and on bags, as rewards for campaign funders.
The brief for the artwork is as follows:
- To come up with a new logo for Loved Up Fudge
- Target audience: the general public and corporates
- Style of the interpretation: this is up to the individual artist, and as long as the images of the logo are present, amendments and additions can be made
- Text: it is not necessary to use the same font or to include the text “Est 2017”; you may be asked to add more text later, such as the funder’s company name
- Colour: kept to a minimum, using only the colours already in the logo, though not all of those colours need to be used
- Size: the original piece of artwork must be A4 or larger
Deadline for receipt of submissions: 15 March 2018
Deadline for receipt of original artwork in hard copy by selected artist(s): 15 April 2018
Budget: the successful artist(s) will be paid £100
Additional benefits: the artist(s) whose work is selected will receive publicity in the media and online, and will be considered for further commissions by the company for future marketing material
Please email submissions to email@example.com or send a hard copy to Loved Up Fudge Ltd, PO Box 61374, London N19 9EE.
If you have any further questions please contact Loved Up Fudge directly.
Read more about Loved Up Fudge Ltd on their website here