Youth Music is funding Good Vibrations to run a series of immersive, day-long effective facilitation workshops for music and arts practitioners working with people in challenging circumstances. Their next one is on the 29th November 2017, and it’s a free workshop at York University.
In the training, practitioners will:
- Immerse themselves in the experience of being a participant in a condensed, typical Good Vibrations course.
- Observe an experienced facilitator modelling a range of facilitation techniques and experience the impact on group dynamics and musical outcomes.
- Have fun and get the opportunity to get to know other practitioners working in challenging circumstances.
- Put on a performance and get to keep a CD of the music created on the day.
- Learn a new skill – to play the Javanese gamelan orchestra!
- Be given new Royal College of Music research on Good Vibrations’ facilitative approach – the theory behind the experience.
- Come out feeling inspired about the potential of incorporating new facilitation techniques into their practice.
Anyone wishing to register their interest should email email@example.com ASAP, as places are limited to 20.