This fundraising event is a unique performance experience and dinner hosted by Rory Bremner, at Central st Martins, at 6pm on 28th September in aid of the Centre for Peaceful Solutions.
The organisation has been given the go ahead for a transformative project in Dartmoor Prison, for which they need to raise £240,000.
To kick this off they are hosting an evening of Live Mediation Theatre on Wednesday 28th September, with Rory Bremner and delicious food kindly provided by Ottolenghi, all at Central Saint Martins in London.
Experience their work and help them to make real, lasting changes, both in the lives of the prisoners they work with and in a wider sense to society, as they address some of the root causes of violence and ‘criminal’ behaviour.
“When I get out in 3 years’ time, I will not go back to my old life. I intend to start a new life with no criminal ties at all. I would like to be part of Peaceful Solutions’ work because you reached me in a way that I now know is the remedy” – Paul
Their intention is to create a culture change on the inside which translates into self responsibility on release so that violence in society is reduced and therefore the number of victims.
Details or the evening:
At 6pm Rory Bremner will kick off this informative and exciting evening, consisting of:
- Performances by award-winning Chickenshed among others.
- Live Unscripted Mediation Theatre with guest star actors to be announced.
- Vegetarian family style meal provided by Yotam Ottolenghi.
- Speech by Bridie Oakes-Richards, Governor, HM Prison Dartmoor.
- Auction of music and toy boxes made exclusively for this event by Dartmoor prisoners and decorated by reputable artists.
- ‘Sneak Preview’ exhibition of prison photographs by Royal Photographer Hugo Burnand.
The evening will close at 10pm.
Tickets can be purchased for £125 each, or tables of 10 can be purchased for £1000. The cost includes the theatre show and all food and beverage.
Central Saint Martins
1 Granary Square
London, N1C 4AA
Tel: 020 8453 0086 / 07764132456 firstname.lastname@example.org